The Deputy Police & Crime Commissioner, Community Safety Team and Fenland Police joined forces to engage with the local community to raise awareness of labour exploitation in Fenland yesterday. The team spoke to local businesses, providing them with posters and information about a free online course for staff, and engaged with the public, signposting them to our the website http://www.advicechain.co.uk that is full of localised in information about exploitation as well as the link to the online course.
We also have a short film showing in the Luxe Cinema in Wisbech this week which we hope will encourage people to report suspected issues to the Police.
Street Scene Officers work as ambassadors for Fenland District Council working together with you to make a difference to the environment. Nobody likes to see the environmental crimes/issues spoiling the areas we live in.
Below are some of the environmental issues you can discuss with the Street Scene team:
- Fly Tipping
- Litter (inc. bins over flowing)
- Dog Fouling
- Dog Control Orders
- Fly Posting
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Faulty Street Lighting
- March Market Parking
- Trade Waste
- Duty of Care – Traders
- Layna Warren – Team leader covering all areas
- Ged Wilde – March & District
- Ann Marshall – Chatteris & District
- Gemma Newell – Wisbech & District
- Andy Brown – Wisbech & District
- Sally Mitchell – Whittlesey & District
Some of the recent projects and initiatives include:
- Patrols with PCSO’s
- March Market Place – Parking
- Wisbech Town Park reduction of litter
- Dog Control Orders – Throughout Fenland
- Security & Improvements to Mount Pleasant Cemetery
To report Environmental issues please contact the team:
Telephone: 01354 654321 Email: email@example.com.
Fenland’s Community Safety Partnership is running a short online survey about how people feel about crime in their communities and whether they feel safe. Please take a few minutes to give your opinions because we are keen to make sure that everyone in Fenland are able to contribute. The link is below.